Corona Travel Guidelines
We look forward to meeting you
We continuously update the Corona-related travel guidelines for your journey to Namibia. If you have questions, please call us here in Namibia via phone from 8:00–12:00 am at German fixed-network costs: +49 5252 269 28 58
All information (unless stated otherwise) as from September 22, 2020
Last update: 2020/09/23 at 9:45 am</we>
Prior to departure/ at the airport
- 14 days prior to departure the Namibian High Commission in London has to be informed per email (infonamibiahc.org.uk) and the following details have to be sent:
Scan of your passport and the flight ticket, reasons for travelling (tourist, business, Namibian citizen), home address, address in Namibia, mobile phone number and booking confirmation from the lodge
- During check-in at the airport a negative COVID-19 PCR Test must be presented which is not older than 7 days.
- On arrival a detailed travel itinerary must be presented with all pre-booked hotels/ lodges together with complete addresses and phone numbers.
- On arrival a fully completed health questionnaire (click here for questionnaire as PDF) has to be presented.
- Proof of international travel medical insurance
- Masks are mandatory at airports and during travel. During your stay at Kambaku, masks as well as disinfectant will be available for your use. If you continue your journey through Namibia after your stay at Kambaku, please remember to take sufficient masks.
- Exchange of money is not necessary, as we accept Visa / Master Card and can exchange pound sterling into NAD.
ON ARRIVAL IN NAMIBIA
- Temperature check – if showing symptoms or the temperature is above 38 C after several attempts – quarantine between 7 to 10 days in a lodge that has been government approved near Windhoek
- Namibian SIM Card to be obtained to ensure reachability – you will receive the SIM Card and airtime from our member of staff who welcomes you at the airport
- Direct transfer to Kambaku Lodge conducted by a member of our team
During your stay at Kambaku
- Covid-19 Test carried out by the local health authorities after 5-7 days (NAD 850 to be paid to laboratory). Kambaku organizes your transfer to test center (free of charge).
- In case of a positive test, isolation in a government certified isolation station. The next isolation station is as per information received from local authorities, Khorab Lodge in Otavi, ca 55 km from Kambaku.
- On the basis of legal regulations and to protect all, it is mandatory to wear masks in public indoor spaces. Life at Kambaku takes place mostly outside, so that you may enjoy most of your time without a mask.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres between guests, who are not travelling together, must be adhered to.
- In case of illness during your stay, there is a Corona station available at Mediclinic Otjiwarongo (90 km from Kambaku). If intensive care is needed, the following private hospitals in Windhoek have relevant medical stations: Mediclinic, Roman Catholic-, Rhino Park- und Lady Pahomba Hospital.
RETURN FROM A HIGH RISK COUNTRY/ ARRIVAL IN your country of origin
As long as Namibia is classified as a high-risk country by the Foreign Ministry, special rules apply on your return to your origin. Please refer to the government’s website for current information.