JOB VACANCIES AT KAMBAKU
Thank you very much for your interest in working with us.
Please note that due to the current Corona situation Kambaku is not considering any applications other than the vacancies posted below.
Job for horseback riders to conduct guided experiences in the Namibian bush
3 to 6 MONTHS OR LONGTERM
- experienced and proficient horse rider
- Must have experience with outrides and able to control a horse in all 3 paces well enough to also look after our guest riders
- minimum 25 years of age
- flexible and friendly personality
- team player and able to integrate into a team structure
- African wildlife qualification or experience highly advantageous
Kambaku offers free board and lodging in a staff apartment. We will assist foreign riders in all organisational issues like visa, fees and more. More information about possible volunteer payment, working hours, necessary insurances etc. are personally given to promising applicants via e-mail or interview.
WILDLIFE & TOUR GUIDE
Job for hard-working nature enthusiasts with experience in guiding both savannah tours and Namibia trips.
You are a a qualified and experienced tour and nature guide who loves to pass on knowledge about Namibia, our culture and wildlife on multiple-day tours as well as games drive, nature walks and courses at Kambaku. You are mentally stable and able to enjoy the isolation of the Namibian bush savannah. You are resilient and able to communicate with people from all walks of life. You organisational skills are outstanding and you love to communicate and travel with guests from all over the world always eager to perform and present our country and nature at its best!
- NATH or FGASA guiding qualification
- 3 years’ lodge-based experience, ideally in the savannah
- Valid driver’s licence with PDP required
- German speaking desirable
- Integrity & sober habits is a pre-requisite
- Guiding groups by foot and 4x4 giving explanations about animals and plants
- Preparing and accompanying activities for guests (please check our offers)
- Looking after guests before and after wildlife activities, e.g. conversations at the lodge, at dinner-time, at the bar or fireplace
- Taking responsibility for tours, including preparation (knowledge about the cultural, historical and natural highlights alongside the routes), checking vehicle and itineraries (double-checking of programme, lodges), take over check-in and payment for guests at lodges and parks
- highly motivated to comfort our guests 24/7 on tour
Job for a reliable and trusting person who enjoyed vocational training as bookkeeper or comparable.
You are a reliable and trusting person who enjoyed vocational training as bookkeeper or comparable. You are a team player and your hardworking, balanced and uncomplaining attitude enables you to live a life in the remote bush savannah together with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Profound theoretical knowledge of bookkeeping
- German and English speaking
Kambaku offers free lodging in a flat on-site, free staff meals as well as a salary in Namibian Dollar. More information about the payment, working hours, necessary insurances, etc. are personally given to promising applicants via e-mail or interview.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted!
HUNTING GUIDE TRAINEE
Job for a reliable and driven hunting trainee who wants to pursue a career as professional hunter or hunting guide.
2 YEARS VOCATIONALE TRAINING
As committed trainee (female or male) you should have experience in hunting, love being in nature and know a lot about wildlife. Also, you should be able to communicate well with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Working & Training
- Hunting training in theoretical & practical classes
- Training to become hunting guide
- Working in daily operations of farm work and safari business including guiding internatial guests from the lodge on excursions in the Kambaku Wildlife Reserve
Alongside the working part, you will receive a guide training from qualified hunting professionals and FGASA guides.
- Preferably older than 25 years
- Experience in hunting and nature
- Willing to learn and engage long-term
- Must be self-motivated to study, people and service orientated
- Hard working attitude and willing to do general farm work as well as Wildlife and Tour Guiding
- Willing and able to live in nature reserve
- Hunting experience desirable
- English speaking & writing, German highly advantegous
This position is only available to Namibian citizens and permanent residence permit holders.