Jobs & Internships
Job vacancies at Kambaku
Thank you very much for your interest in Kambaku.
Please note that due to the current Corona situation Kambaku is not considering any applications other than the vacancies posted below.
PLEASE APPLY ONLY TO JOB OFFERS DISPLAYED BELOW.
Thanks a lot
Yours Kambaku team
You are a motivated, business-minded entrepreneur with SPA qualifications to develop and run our in-house SPA with treating predominantly European guests.
You are resilient and able to communicate with guests of our four-star-rated Lodge. As warmhearted person you are highly-motivated to give your best for your clients well-being. You are reliable and open for a stay in the remote areas of Namibia's bush savannah.
- iTEC Diploma in Spa Therapy Level 3 or equivalent, focusing on massage therapies
- min. of 5 yrs relevant national or 3 yrs international, professional experience
- record of having run business previously
- customer focused and service orientated personality
- Fluent in English
- yoga knowledge / qualifications beneficial
More information will be shared with promising applicants in a personal interview.
Horse Riding & Wildlife Guide
You are a hard working horse and nature lover and an experienced rider who wants to guide outrides through a private game reserve. You are resilient and able to communicate with people from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Guiding groups on horseback giving explanations about the animals and plants in English and German (if possible)
- Preparing and accompanying special riding activities for guests (e.g. bush breakfasts, sundowners, accompanying overnight stays in the Bush Camp)
- Looking after guests before and after the activities, e.g. conversations at the lodge, at dinner-time, at the bar or fireplace
- Taking responsibility of the horse safari business, e.g. preparation work for safari rides like grooming and tacking up the horses
- Supporting Kambaku's Horse & Stable Management in taking care of our horses as well as taking care of the equipment
- At least 1 year of professional horse riding guiding experience, apprenticeship in horse riding, stable manager or similar experience. Certificates in guiding, instructing and training of horses and riders, riding instructor license advantageous.
- Languages: English fluently, basic skills in German and French would be ideal
- Driving license ideal
This position is only available to Namibian citizens, Namibian work permit holders or permanent residents.
Trainee Riding & Field Guide
2 years vocational training
We are looking for hard-working and committed trainees (female or male) who love being in nature. You should be young, resilient and able to communicate well with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Work and Training (Vocational Training Course)
You will work full-time in the daily operations of the stable and guiding department to gain practical experience and support the guiding team.
Alongside the working part, you will receive field guide training via our Kambaku Wildlife College from qualified FGASA members and lessons in horse riding and care from our qualified horse-riding instructor.
The aims of this vocational course are:
• Learning to conduct a guided experience for our guests – on horseback, on foot or in a safari vehicle – giving interesting explanations about fauna and flora
• Learning how to ride horses in English style
• Working in the horse safari business: feeding, grooming and tacking up horses for safari rides and riding lessons as well as horse, stable and equipment maintenance
• Learn how to look after and entertain guests
• Preparing and accompanying special activities for guests (e.g. bush breakfasts, sundowners, overnight stays in the Bush Camp)
• Completed school, ideally with Matric qualification
• Willing to learn, committed and communicative
• Fluent in English both oral and written
• Willing and able to live in a remote Nature Reserve
This position is only available to Namibian citizens and permanent residence permit holders.